**Creative Child Magazine Preferred Choice Award Winner**
All About Korea is perfect for educators and parents wishing to teach kids about this rich Asian culture. This Korean children's book is an excellent introduction to the culture and history of Korea. It highlights favourite games, foods, special holiday times, and after-school activities specific to Korea.
With All About Korea, kids will:
- Learn how to play the exciting Korean see-saw game with a friend and how to play jegi (Korean hacky-sack)
- Learn how to sing "Happy Birthday" in Korean and how to sing "Arirang" (Korea's most beloved song)
- Learn how kids say "hello!" and other essential words and phrases in the Korean language
- Learn how to make a white tiger puppet
- Enjoy traditional Korean stories such as Taming a Tiger and Two Foolish Green Frogs
- Enjoy easy Korean recipes for delicious treats like kimbap (roll-your-own wraps) and songpyeon (sweet filled rice cakes).
A timeless Korean book for kids and parents to treasure together. All About Korea offers not only the most significant facts about this unique country but also conveys the unique spirit that makes it one-of-a-kind.
All About Korea
Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
Format: Hardcover, Jacketed
Illustrations: full-colour illustrations
Number of Pages: 64
Trim Size: 8 1/2 X 11"
Ann Martin Bowler worked as an educator for many years and now writes full time. She has visited Korea with her family many times and travels widely in Asia. She is the author of Gecko's Complaint and Adventures of the Treasure Fleet: How China Discovered the World, also available from Tuttle Publishing.
Soosoonam Barg was born in Seoul, Korea and teaches art and tapestry weaving in the United States and Korea. She was honored with the Scholastic Arts & Writing Award for being an outstanding educator. She has exhibited in many group and solo exhibitions, and has been profiled by The New York Times for her artwork.